«

»

Jul 19 2012

Discarded Cigarette Blamed For Mulch Bed Fire Thursday Afternoon

A discarded cigarette is thought to be the culprit in a mulch bed fire in downtown Mexico Thursday afternoon. Mexico Public Safety Assistant Director Brice Mesko says fire crews were called to the intersection of Western and Monroe at 3:56 Thursday afternoon and arriving crews found a bed of mulch at the Breaktime Convenience Store had caught fire. Breaktime employees had put out the flames by the time responding crews arrived.