KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:34:19 +0000: Man Killed in a Seadoo Accident - pro.kwwr-fm.tritonflex.com - Area News
29 year old man killed in Seadoo accident.
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:30:04 +0000: Five Fulton Residents Injured in Traffic Accident - pro.kwwr-fm.tritonflex.com - Area News
Three adults & two children were injured in a two car accident Saturday.
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:27:26 +0000: Former Columbia Council Member Dies - pro.kwwr-fm.tritonflex.com - Area News
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:24:05 +0000: Authorities Make Second Arrest in Worley Street Shootings - pro.kwwr-fm.tritonflex.com - Area News
18 Year-Old Tavion Jones
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:43:54 +0000: California drought affecting Pacific NW organic dairy - Brownfield Ag News
Even though the California drought does not stretch up into Oregon and Washington it is having an impact on organic dairy producers in the Pacific Northwest. Washington and Oregon do not raise quite enough organic hay to meet demand, organic dairy producers are finding they have to bid against California organic dairy farmers for the […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:41:08 +0000: Emmi Roth to expand New York yogurt capacity - Brownfield Ag News
Another expansion of the yogurt business in New York State. Emmi Roth USA will expand operations in Orangeburg and Penn Yan, New York, to grow its market share in the U.S. The Penn Yan facility produces Siggi’s yogurt as well as bag-in-box milk and creamers for foodservice dispensers. Cheese Market News says the $11.6 million, […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:38:05 +0000: Subcommittee hears pros, cons of SNAP - Brownfield Ag News
The House Agriculture Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, and Nutrition held a hearing addressing the effectiveness of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Among those delivering testimony, Robert Doar, a Morgridge Fellow in Poverty Studies at the American Enterprise Institute testified that SNAP doesn’t do enough to lift people from poverty. “I have been a […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:37:19 +0000: Illinois company revamping Chinese operation - Brownfield Ag News
The CEO of Illinois-based OSI Group says he will not try to defend or explain the actions of his company’s meat plant in Shanghai. In a statement on the company website, Sheldon Lavin states “what happened at Husi Shanghai is completely unacceptable” and he promised they will take all the steps needed; “to make sure […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:33:33 +0000: Brownfield states crop progress report - Brownfield Ag News
Weekly Crop Progress Reports from the National Ag Statistics Service as of Sunday, July 27: Illinois corn crop is 94 percent silked, up 12 points for the week and 9 points ahead of the five year average. 25 percent is in dough, should be 29 percent by now. Soybeans 83 percent blooming up 14 points […]
- Tue, 29 Jul 2014 08:29:51 +0000: Transportation tax supporter says choice is crucial ( - Missourinet
Backers of the transportation sales tax on the ballot a week from today say it’s the only chance Missourians have to adequately finance future transportation needs. Supporters say the choices are limited when it comes to raising the billions of dollars needed for roads and bridges at the state and local levels for years to […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:08:51 +0000: Mass grave dedicated from Civil War Battle of Moore’s Mill - Missourinet
Reporting and photography: Bill Wise, Missourinet Today in 1862, the Civil War Battle of Moore’s Mill was waged near the central Missouri Town of Calwood. Some of the dead Union and Confederate soldiers were buried in a mass grave near the site of the battle. Because they were not given a proper military burial at the […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:40:18 +0000: La Russa and Torre both point to one St. Louis coach for having a big influence over their careers (VIDEO) - Missourinet
Former Cardinal managers Tony LaRussa and Joe Torre joined Bobby Cox along with players Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas in Cooperstown for their induction into Baseball’s Hall of Fame on Sunday. If you’re under the age of 30, you’ll know Torre as the New York Yankees manager during their dominating run in the 90′s. […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:25:22 +0000: Former Tiger Tim Barnes snaps to Bradford with the Rams’ number one offense - Missourinet
The Rams practiced in front of over 2,200 fans for the team’s third training camp practice on Sunday evening. Quarterback Sam Bradford was on the money with great passes and connected on touchdown throws to Brian Quick, Kenny Britt and Jared Cook. Snapping the ball to Bradford was former Missouri Tiger Tim Barnes. Barnes was dropped to second team […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:41:22 +0000: Chiefs special teams coach compares rookie to Devin Hester as team wraps up first practice in full pads with full contact - Missourinet
The Kansas City Chiefs took the field on Sunday morning on the campus of Missouri Western State University for their first full hitting period of training camp, which included blocking and full out tackling of ball carriers. Some of the highlights of the day came from special teams. Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub likes the battle […]
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:32:48 +0000: Man featured on CNN's 'The Hunt' killed during attempted arrest - CNN.com - U.S.
A suspected sex offender recently featured on CNN's "The Hunt" with John Walsh was killed Monday in Manhattan while police were attempting to arrest him on child molestation charges, according to two New York City law enforcement sources.
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:14:14 +0000: Emergency landing kills beachgoer - CNN.com - U.S.
A father was killed and his daughter critically injured when an airplane struck them as they walked along a Florida beach.
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:50:34 +0000: How WWI gave us drones - CNN.com - U.S.
Priya Satia says today's drones for bombardment and surveillance have their roots in the deadly history of Western aerial control of the Middle East that began in World War One
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:47:52 +0000: Attorney: Band director was wrongly fired over 'flawed' report - CNN.com - U.S.
The attorney for Ohio State University's fired marching band director contends the university report that led to Jonathan Waters' firing was "deeply flawed."
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:31:40 +0000: Botched executions can't be new norm - CNN.com - U.S.
Megan McCracken and Jennifer Moreno say it's unacceptable for states to experiment with new execution procedures without full disclosure
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District