KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:49:06 +0000: Lorilyn named WDE “Cow of the Year” - Brownfield Ag News
The Wisconsin Guernsey Breeders have selected Coulee Crest Nick Lorilyn to be World Dairy Expo’s “Cow of the Year” this year. The six-year-old is bred and owned by Kurt and Scot Peterson of Cashton, Wisconsin. As a three-year-old, Lorilyn produced 42,437 of milk in 365 days (3x). Her mother and daughter have also surpassed 40,000... Read more »
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:36:41 +0000: The New Holland Pavilions are ready - Brownfield Ag News
World Dairy Expo gets underway next Tuesday morning when they cut the ribbon on the new housing for the show cattle. The two New Holland Pavilions cover nearly 300,000 square feet Janet Keller is Communications and Public Relations Manager at World Diary Expo, she says the buildings feature state-of-the-art ventilation, better, more efficient lighting and... Read more »
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:36:08 +0000: General Mills shareholders reject GMO ban - Brownfield Ag News
General Mills shareholders rejected a resolution Tuesday that would have forced removal of genetically-modified organisms from the company’s products. The proposal, submitted by a descendant of one of General Mills’ founders, called for the company to remove genetically engineered ingredients from products sold or manufactured by the company, according to a news release from the... Read more »
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:26:35 +0000: FFA membership surpasses 600,000 - Brownfield Ag News
The National FFA Organization reports that as of August 31st, membership stands at a record 610,240. An increase of more than 30,500 during the 2013-14 school year while the number of chapters across the country grew to 7,665. Texas has the largest membership with 103,379 in 1,021 chapters. California is second with 76,470 members, followed... Read more »
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:22:26 +0000: Have dairy markets topped-out? - Brownfield Ag News
Cash cheese barrels held steady and blocks declined 3.75 cents on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Tuesday. Blocks have lost 9 cents over the last two days. After increasing daily last week, butter has held steady this week. Eric Meyer with HighGround Dairy says that August Cold Storage Report was “bearish” in that cheese and... Read more »
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:57:16 +0000: MO Republicans: Education Department too involved in standards work groups - Missourinet
Some Republicans and participants in the work groups tasked with creating new state education standards say Department of Education staff is trying to be too involved in that effort. The legislature passed, and Governor Jay Nixon (D) signed, a bill that put Common Core standards in place for a year. During that year these groups, […]
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:43:02 +0000: Mizzou overlooked Indiana with their sights set on USC. Losing back to back games will put the Tigers in a tough hole (Google Hangout) - Missourinet
The Gamecocks are looking for their fourth-straight win after a season-opening loss. After dropping the opener to No. 21/20 Texas A&M, the Gamecocks have rebounded with wins over East Carolina, No. 6/6 Georgia, and most recently, a 48-34 road win at Vanderbilt. Tennessee is the only other SEC school besides Mizzou that has yet to play […]
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:00:43 +0000: Tigers will have Golden back on defense, but offense loses Gatti for the season and WR White for an extended time (AUDIO) - Missourinet
The good news for Missouri is that defensive end Markus Golden will be back on the field when the Tigers open SEC play at South Carolina on Saturday at 6 p.m. Golden missed the Indiana game after tweaking his hamstring in practice the Wednesday before. However, the offense will be without a couple of pieces […]
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:51:49 +0000: For the first time since 1997, the Missouri State football team cracks the top 25 rankings. Bears off to 3-1 start - Missourinet
With its best start since 2007, the Missouri State University football team is starting to turn heads on a national level as the 3-1 Bears have cracked the FCS Coaches Top 25 Poll this week at No. 24. It marks the first time since the team was No. 21 in the 1997 ESPN/USA Today preseason […]
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:57:21 +0000: Adam Wainwright gets to 20 wins as the Cardinals inch closer to the Central title with a big win over the Cubs - Missourinet
Adam Wainwright hit the 20-win mark for the second time in his career, joining L.A.’s Clayton Kershaw as the only pitchers in the majors with 20 this season, as the Cardinals moved a step closer toward their second straight division title with an 8-0 win over the Chicago Cubs. Pittsburgh won, so the Cardinals magic number […]
- Wed, 24 Sep 2014 01:02:49 +0000: Warrant issued in missing student case - CNN.com - U.S.
Authorities have obtained an arrest warrant for Jesse Matthew, charging him with abduction with the intent to defile, in the case of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.
- Wed, 24 Sep 2014 01:00:29 +0000: Problem-plagued plane hits ISIS: F-22 goes into combat - CNN.com - U.S.
The problem-plagued F-22 Raptor took part in its first combat mission Monday night, hitting ISIS targets in Syria. The price tag for those jets, which were in development for decades, is a staggering $412 million each -- triple its expected cost, according to the Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:39:38 +0000: Parents of U.S. journalist who went missing in Syria want answers - CNN.com - U.S.
For a year after her journalist son went missing in Syria in 2012, Debra Tice kept calling his cell phone. It would ring and ring. Nothing. She would send Austin Tice messages on Facebook. No response.
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:11:20 +0000: Watch Wednesday's show! - CNN.com - U.S.
September 24, 2014
- Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:53:24 +0000: Ravens owner disputes ESPN report - CNN.com - U.S.
It was obvious that Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti didn't like his organization's integrity being questioned.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District