KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:01:12 +0000: Pork, poultry production increasing, beef slower to catch up - Brownfield Ag News
Pork and poultry production are increasing. There are more of them, and they’re heavier. Beef production, on the other hand, will take a while to catch up. Market consultant Darrell Holaday with Advanced Market Concepts tells Brownfield Ag News that more plentiful feed supplies have resulted in corresponding increases in supplies of pork and poultry. ... Read more »
The post Pork, poultry production increasing, beef slower to catch up appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 14:07:08 +0000: Shuter honored for conservation efforts - Brownfield Ag News
The National Corn Growers Association honored Frankton, Indiana farmer Mike Shuter with its Good Steward Award during Commodity Classic. For over 20 years, he has been implementing conservation practices on his farm to not only protect and improve the soil, but, he says, to increase yield. “Back in the mid-80’s we were no-tilling corn into... Read more »
The post Shuter honored for conservation efforts appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:20:36 +0000: Benefits of using probiotics in horses - Brownfield Ag News
Probiotics used in the equine industry help to regulate the intestinal bacteria flora. Kevin Roche, CEO of ProBiostatin Livestock says the use of probiotics helps to provide the protection the horses’ immune system and intestinal tracts need.
The post Benefits of using probiotics in horses appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:11:22 +0000: Cold wave pattern covers much of the Heartland - Brownfield Ag News
Across the Corn Belt, frigid conditions are maintaining stress on livestock, although most of the Midwestern winter wheat crop retains a protective snow cover. Friday morning’s temperatures plunged below 0° as far south as the middle Mississippi Valley and fell below -20° in parts of the upper Midwest. On the Plains, cold weather persists. The... Read more »
The post Cold wave pattern covers much of the Heartland appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:10:16 +0000: Cold pattern to moderate somewhat - Brownfield Ag News
Cold weather will prevail across most of the U.S., with daytime highs averaging more than 20° below normal east of the Rockies heading into the weekend. Over the weekend, rain and mountain snow will prevail across much of the west, though totals will remain light (less than 1 inch) in the Sierra Nevada, with somewhat... Read more »
The post Cold pattern to moderate somewhat appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:37:33 +0000: Missourians, elected officials to rally against Fort Leonard Wood cuts - Missourinet
Missouri elected officials from all levels of government will be at a public listening session today to speak against the proposed cutting of 5,400 jobs at Fort Leonard Wood in response to projected budget cuts in Washington D.C. Steve Erhardt with Friends of the Fort and the Association of the United States Army, says the […]
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:34:32 +0000: Missouri senators threaten budget cuts for schools that fail to stop bullying - Missourinet
State Senators have reacted to a report of the beating of an autistic boy at a Kansas City-area middle school with a threat to cut funding when schools don’t prevent such incidents. A 12-year-old boy spent several days in the hospital and suffered a fractured jaw and skull and damaged inner ear after the attack […]
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:19:36 +0000: All momentum lost. After snapping 13-game losing streak, Tigers come back out flat at Georgia - Missourinet
For the Georgia Bulldogs, it was the largest margin of victory in a SEC game under coach Mark Fox. For the Missouri Tigers, another bad road loss in a dreadful season. Mizzou, now (8-21, 2-14), held a 3-2 lead, on a Namon Wright three-pointer, but they couldn’t build any momentum in looking for a second straight win […]
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:05:51 +0000: Funeral set for Schweich, interim Missouri auditor appointed - Missourinet
A memorial service for Missouri Auditor and candidate for governor Tom Schweich will be held Tuesday at the church he attended in Clayton. The service will be at 10 a.m. at the Church of St. Michael and St. George. Schweich died Thursday morning in what police say was an apparent suicide. Governor Jay Nixon has […]
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:30:27 +0000: Some victims and shooter in south Missouri spree identified - Missourinet
Some of the eight victims shot early Friday morning in southern Missouri, and the man who shot them, have been identified. The Highway Patrol says 36-year-old Joseph Jesse Aldridge was the man who fatally shot seven people and wounded one in and around his hometown of Tyrone, before killing himself. He was found dead in […]
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:46:39 +0000: Rabbi responds to criticism over genocide ad - CNN.com - U.S.
Poppy Harlow interviews Rabbi Shmuley Boteach about the criticism over his full-page ad attacking National Security Adviser Susan Rice.
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:46:01 +0000: Police arrest man in hacking death of blogger - CNN.com - U.S.
Bangladesh authorities say they have arrested the prime suspect in the murder of American blogger Avijit Roy who was hacked to death on a Dhaka street last week.
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:45:29 +0000: Huge pot bust at border nets 15 tons - CNN.com - U.S.
When searching for hidden stash, an obvious place to check is the mattress.
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:43:41 +0000: Two males arrested after shooting - CNN.com - U.S.
The fatal feud started with a quarrel on Facebook, devolved into a planned brawl at a park, and ended with a 14-year-old girl dead.
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:42:34 +0000: Alleged 'street racer' surrenders after fatal hit-and-run in California - CNN.com - U.S.
A man suspected of killing two people during a "street race" has turned himself in to Los Angeles Police. Henry Gevorgyan, 21, surrendered to authorities Saturday night in connection with the fatal hit-and-run that left two onlookers dead.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District