KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 05:33:31 +0000: Spring operating loans - Brownfield Ag News
As spring planting approaches, spring operating loans are readily available. Larry Johnson with Greenstone Farm Credit says dairy producers are in good shape going into the season but crop farmers need to be a little more judicious.
The post Spring operating loans appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:43:54 +0000: Corn planting’s begun in Missouri - Brownfield Ag News
Some farmers in southwest and southeast Missouri are getting their corn planted. Kyle Kirby, who farms near Liberal, in southwest Missouri, says he planted close to 150 acres to corn on the last day of March – but he’s now waiting while some rain passes through. Last year, he was done planting corn by April... Read more »
The post Corn planting’s begun in Missouri appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:28:54 +0000: AgriBank issues dividend - Brownfield Ag News
St. Paul-based AgriBank has paid a quarterly cash dividend of $1.7188 per share on its 6.87 percent non-cumulative perpetual “Class A” preferred stock to holders of record as of March 1st, 2015. AgriBank issued $250 million of the preferred stock in October of 2013 to provide the Bank with long-term capital to serve its 15-state... Read more »
The post AgriBank issues dividend appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:26:05 +0000: Governor orders 25% water use cut in California - Brownfield Ag News
California Governor Jerry Brown has issued an executive order mandating substantial water reductions across the state. The Governor has directed the State Water Resources Control Board to implement mandatory 25 percent reductions in water usage in cities and towns. Agricultural users which have already idled thousands of acres will be required to report more water... Read more »
The post Governor orders 25% water use cut in California appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:21:19 +0000: Global Dairy Trade index drops 10.8% - Brownfield Ag News
A second consecutive drop in prices on the Global Dairy Trade auction. The overall index fell 10.8 percent this (Wednesday) morning to 785; the lowest it has been since January 6th. Compared to the previous sale: butter milk powder was down 25.1 percent, whole milk powder is 13.3 percent lower, cheddar cheese dropped 10.5 percent,... Read more »
The post Global Dairy Trade index drops 10.8% appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:49:33 +0000: Missouri House prepares to take on traffic fine limits (VIDEO) - Missourinet
The Missouri House is preparing to begin work on a bill the state Senate passed that would tighten restrictions on how much money cities can make from traffic tickets and fines. The legislation, SB 5, would lower from 30 to 10 the percentage of a city’s total revenue that can come from those sources, and […]
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:46:47 +0000: Death sentences upheld for Laclede County, Missouri murders - Missourinet
The Missouri Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences of a Lebanon man convicted of the murders of a Laclede County couple in 2010. Jesse Driskill is sentenced to death for murdering 82-year-old Johnnie Wilson and his wife, 76-year-old Coleen, in their home north of Bennett Springs State Park, in July of 2010. The couple […]
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:33:19 +0000: Medical marijuana bill moves through Missouri House with more regulations - Missourinet
A bill that would legalize medical marijuana is close to being debated by one chamber of the Missouri legislature. HB 800 is sponsored by State Representative Dave Hinson of St. Clair, who presented the bill before a House committee on Emerging Issues last month. Hinson’s bill would legalize medical cannabis and create a system for […]
- Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:26:42 +0000: Missouri auditor’s spokesman’s note: ‘I just can’t take being unemployed again’ - Missourinet
The family of the state auditor’s office spokesman, Spence Jackson, wanted a note found in his apartment Sunday to be released in hopes of ending some speculation into why he apparently committed suicide. Jefferson City Police say Jackson died from a single gunshot wound to the head, and they are investigating his death as a […]
- Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:57:15 +0000: Police to ‘discuss’ contents of note left by late Missouri auditor’s spokesman - Missourinet
The Jefferson City Police Department plans to discuss this afternoon the contents of the note left behind by Spence Jackson, the communications director for the auditor’s office, who investigators believe committed suicide over the weekend. Police say preliminary findings of the medical examiner regarding the cause of Jackson’s death will also be disclosed, and some […]
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:02:06 +0000: NYPD detective in Uber video faces suspension - CNN.com - U.S.
A New York Police detective assigned to the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force with top secret security clearance is facing suspension, reassignment and loss of his clearance after an incident with an Uber driver Monday that was captured on video, a law enforcement official told CNN.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:48:36 +0000: Historic mandatory water restrictions issued in California - CNN.com - U.S.
California Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday imposed mandatory water restrictions for the first time on residents, businesses and farms, ordering cities and towns to reduce usage by 25%.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:16:43 +0000: Teen wastes heart transplant - CNN.com - U.S.
The story of Anthony Stokes was supposed to have a happy ending. Instead it ended Tuesday, police say, with the teen heart transplant recipient carjacking someone, burglarizing a home, shooting at an elderly woman, leading police on a high speed chase and then dying after his car hit a pole.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:05:16 +0000: Governor: 'Religious freedom' bill needs changes - CNN.com - U.S.
Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson says he does not plan to sign the version of the "religious freedom" bill that lawmakers sent him and calls on the state Legislature to make changes. FULL STORY
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 23:36:46 +0000: Sen. Robert Menendez to face corruption charges - CNN.com - U.S.
Federal prosecutors are expected to charge Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez on Wednesday with using his Senate office to push the business interests of a friend and donor in exchange for gifts , people briefed on the case say.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District