KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:36:20 +0000: Applications sought for national checkoff board - Brownfield Ag News
Indiana Soybean Alliance is accepting applications for directors of the national soybean checkoff organization, the United Soybean Board. While the US Secretary of Agriculture appoints directors to the USB board, ISA selects and submits candidate names to the US Department of Agriculture for the Secretary’s consideration. Dave Lowe, ISA president says the USB Board is... Read more »
The post Applications sought for national checkoff board appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:27:11 +0000: Analysts say land prices have stabilized - Brownfield Ag News
Farmland values in Iowa have dropped 15 to 20 percent from their highs in 2013. But Kyle Hansen, land broker with Hertz Real Estate Services, says prices have stabilized since the completion of the 2014 harvest. “We’ve actually seen a fairly steady market over the last 60 days,” Hansen says. “We hope that continues, and... Read more »
The post Analysts say land prices have stabilized appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:23:53 +0000: Dairy markets nudge a little higher - Brownfield Ag News
Prices were a little higher in the dairy markets on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Monday. Cash cheese barrels and nonfat dry milk each gained a half-cent and butter was a quarter-cent higher. All 2015 Class III contracts were higher with February up 26 cents, March increased 22 cents and April up 21 cents. Cooperatives... Read more »
The post Dairy markets nudge a little higher appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:21:58 +0000: Dairy producers in good shape going into 2015 - Brownfield Ag News
After struggling for a few years, things have improved significantly for Accelerated Genetics. Chief Executive Officer Joel Groskreutz says the cooperative enjoyed growth of nearly 14 percent for the Fiscal Year which ended on September 30th. He credits good milk prices, strong beef prices and “getting the right people on board.” “Creating that vision so... Read more »
The post Dairy producers in good shape going into 2015 appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:21:58 +0000: How to safely freeze meat - Brownfield Ag News
How do you freeze meat? There’s a right way and a wrong way. In this Healthy Living, we find out from Jeannean Schweihofer, a meat quality extension educator with Michigan State University. HEALTHY LIVING PROGRAM – How to freeze meat (1:30 mp3):
The post How to safely freeze meat appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:54:51 +0000: Missouri honors Sir Winston Church on the 50th anniversary of his death - Missourinet
Sir Winston Churchill has been honored at Westminster College in Fulton on the 50th anniversary of his death Saturday. The service to honor the life, work, and achievements of Churchill was attended by Churchill’s granddaughter, Edwina Sandys, great-grandson, Duncan Sandys, and the British Ambassador to the United States Sir Peter Westmacott. Governor Jay Nixon was […]
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:30:28 +0000: Kuligowski staying at Mizzou. Pulls name out of running for Illinois opening - Missourinet
University of Missouri Assistant Football Coach Craig Kuligowski announced today that he has withdrawn his name for consideration for a co-defensive coordinator coaching position at Illinois, and will remain at Mizzou. “As a coach, you’re always looking to advance yourself professionally in hopes of someday having a chance to become a head coach. It was […]
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 17:00:49 +0000: Missouri Auditor: State has too many planes, allows unauthorized passengers - Missourinet
The Office of State Auditor Tom Schweich says Missouri has too many planes and doesn’t track their use well enough. The office has reviewed how Missouri used its 19 aircraft on business days during the two years that ended June 30, 2013. Those aircraft are maintained by the Highway Patrol, the Department of Transportation, or […]
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:03:33 +0000: If Kuligowski leaves for Illinois, with reports saying it’s likely, is Pitts in line for a quick promotion at Mizzou? - Missourinet
With the announcement that Dave Steckel was leaving as Missouri defensive coordinator to join Missouri State as their head football coach, the most valuable assistant that Gary Pinkel had on his staff was defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski. The Missouri Tigers best position that has generated the most pros in recent season comes from the […]
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:03:49 +0000: Chairman defends Missouri House Committee hearing at country club - Missourinet
Two Missouri House committee hearings have been set to take place at the Jefferson City Country Club this week, and that is drawing criticism. The first hearing to be scheduled was that of the Committee on Utility Infrastructure, chaired by Representative Lyndall Fraker (R-Marshfield). He told Missourinet the Missouri Energy Development Association made the arrangements […]
- Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:57:28 +0000: Go home, stay home - CNN.com - U.S.
Someday you may tell your grandchildren about the Blizzard of 2015.
- Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:53:49 +0000: Photos: 'Historic' storm - CNN.com - U.S.
The National Weather Service is using terms like "life-threatening" and "historic" to describe the weather system taking aim at the Northeastern United States.
- Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:40:39 +0000: Sights and sounds of the #Blizzardof2015 - CNN.com - U.S.
The predictions are epic, the warnings are dire, and the blizzard is hours away from blanketing parts of the Northeast.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:00:28 +0000: Timeline: What's expected city by city - CNN.com - U.S.
The first major snowstorm of 2015 is expected to hit the Northeastern United States on Monday afternoon. Here's what's expected in three major cities.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:11:04 +0000: #Blizzardof2015: Lots of snow, warnings -- and jokes - CNN.com - U.S.
The blizzard isn't just making waves in the Northeast; it's generating buzz on social media, too.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District