KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:27:19 +0000: Sedalia Drug Bust - www.kwwr.com - Area News
3 people are under arrest after Sedalia Police carried out a drug bust yesterday. Officers reportedly found methanphetamine, marijuana, prescription pills and drug paraphernalia. The drug bust occurred at Liquid Designs on 16th Street. Arrested were, the owner of the business, Keith Hayden, and employees Samantha Martin and John Welton.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:26:44 +0000: Columbia Child Pornography Arrest - www.kwwr.com - Area News
A Columbia man is under arrest after Boone County Cyber Crimes task force found multiple child pornography pictures in his email account. With the help of the The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children a tip was sent to the Cyber Crimes task force last month. Arrested was 30 year old Jonathan Hillyard, after an IP address linked the photos back to his home. He appeared before a judge yesterday and was sent to Boone County Jail on a $10,000 cash only bond. He has been ordered to stay off the Internet and not make contact with anyone under the age of 18. His next court date is scheduled for November.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:23:17 +0000: Columbia Gas Station Robbery - www.kwwr.com - Area News
Columbia Police responded to a robbery that occurred at a gas station in Columbia this morning. Early this morning police responded to the Petro Mart at the intersection of Stadium and Bernadette about a man wearing a Halloween mask who robbed the store while armed with a hand gun. No one was hurt in the incident, the only information police have is the description of the mask.Earlier this week two other Columbia businesses were robbed by a man wearing a Halloween mask but police are unsure if the two previous robberies are connected to this one.Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact Columbia Police or Crimestoppers.
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:45:21 +0000: Callaway County Wreck - www.kwwr.com - Area News
Two people walked away with only minor injuries following a two vehicle accident that left both vehicles with extensive damage last night. A vehicle being driven by 20 year old Cody Drenc of Columbia was traveling too fast around a curve and traveling into the roadway striking a vehicle being driven by 25 year old Kyle Kleinsorge of Columbia. The acciedent occurred at around 11:20 last night on County Road 269 in Callaway County. Kleinsorge was taken to an area hospital for treatment of minor injures, both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:42:08 +0000: Man Sentenced for 2010 Robberies - www.kwwr.com - Area News
A Kansas City man who is connected to two separate mid-Missouri bank robberies in 2010 is now facing jail time. Brian Unthank pleaded guilty Tuesday to the robbing of the Landmark Bank in Columbia and the River Region Credit Union in Jefferson City in June of 2010. He was connected to those robberies after he was convicted of robbing a bank in 2011 in Texas. Unthank is facing up to 40 years behind bars.
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:39:27 +0000: Sticky Halloween candy a cavity culprit - Brownfield Ag News
Kids will be kids and they’re going to eat Halloween candy. But from a dentist’s perspective, it’s the sticky candy kids eat that is more likely to lead to tooth decay. In this version of Healthy Living – a dentist says he does NOT believe in denying kids’ candy – but wants parents to be... Read more »
The post Sticky Halloween candy a cavity culprit appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:00:52 +0000: Fighting back against soybean seedling diseases - Brownfield Ag News
Farmers and agronomists across the Midwest are reporting more problems with soybean seedling diseases in the spring, especially phytophthora and pythium. Dr. Alison Robertson, Iowa State University plant pathologist, says some of that is due to the earlier planting and minimum tillage that is taking place. She says “up-and-down” spring weather conditions are also a factor.... Read more »
The post Fighting back against soybean seedling diseases appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 07:27:09 +0000: Midwest ground zero for glyphosate resistance - Brownfield Ag News
Unless action is taken – and soon – farmers may lose a key tool in fighting weeds. Weed resistance is a challenge for farmers around the world. Stephen Powles, grain farmer and Professor at the University of Western Australia says nowhere is it a greater problem than for farmers in the Midwestern United States. “They’ve... Read more »
The post Midwest ground zero for glyphosate resistance appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:20:53 +0000: Holistic, integrated solutions for farming - Brownfield Ag News
Mathias Kremer, Head of Strategy for Bayer CropScience welcomed attendees to the Corn Soybean Future Forum in Frankfurt, Germany Thursday by laying out his company’s commitment to the future of these crops. “The strategic focus for Bayer,” said Kremer, “is to be a solution provider.” He said Bayer CropScience remains committed to innovation and to... Read more »
The post Holistic, integrated solutions for farming appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:05:25 +0000: An open arms approach to membership - Brownfield Ag News
National FFA Officer candidate and Illinois state FFA President Sam Detweiler wasn’t your typical FFA member. In fact, Detwiler was more your typical teenage young man, hoping athletics would pay off in the long run. But, in an instant, that all changed. “In my Junior year, when I tore my ACL – that really put... Read more »
The post An open arms approach to membership appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:34:29 +0000: Blues playing without Backes, Oshie and others find way to cool off Ducks. Allen earns the shutout in net - Missourinet
Alexander Steen scored a goal in the first period and Jake Allen stopped all 24 shots for his second NHL shutout in the Blues’ 2-0 win against the first place Anaheim Ducks at Scottrade Center on Thursday night. The Blues found a way to grind out a win without a few top contributors. David Backes, T.J. […]
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:38:11 +0000: Missouri House finds no way to challenge same-sex marriage ruling - Missourinet
State lawmakers have found that there is nothing they can do to fight to uphold Missouri’s prohibition of same-sex marriage, but the Speaker of the House tells Missourinet the issue might not be settled. Attorney General Chris Koster announced October 6 he would not challenge the ruling of a Kansas City judge that would mean […]
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:30:07 +0000: Drafting begins on state energy plan (AUDIO) - Missourinet
A series of public meetings that could shape the state’s long-term energy plan has wrapped up with a lot of talk about alternatives. The fifty-member state steering committee that has been assembled to recommend a comprehensive plan for the state’s energy future has held seven meetings and now starts putting together a report that’s to […]
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:07:23 +0000: Missouri’s Washington U tries to help patients cope with tinnitus - Missourinet
Washington University researchers might have found a way to help people who are bothered by hearing a constant noise deal with it. It’s called tinnitus; a condition in which patients hear a so-called phantom noise, often described as a buzzing, humming or tapping. About 80 percent of patients are able to essentially ignore it, but […]
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:27:31 +0000: You may suffer from Adult Onset Hunting. You’re not alone. Join others who are also ready to try hunting for the first time. (VIDEO) - Missourinet
Sponsored by the Missouri Department of Conservation It’s fall. The temperatures are cooling, colors are changing and now is the time to get out and enjoy the great outdoors of Missouri. Of course, you know this is also the time of year many Missourians are getting ready for their annual hunting excursions. For some of […]
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:18:45 +0000: Eric Frein hauled away in slain cop's handcuffs - CNN.com - U.S.
A terrified Pennsylvania community heaved a sigh of relief Thursday when police arrested Eric Frein after a long manhunt, and detained him at the same barracks he allegedly ambushed.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:28:49 +0000: Death with dignity a "brave decision" - CNN.com - U.S.
Dying with dignity is more than just for the person who is dying. It's for their loved ones.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:28:39 +0000: Are black cats really so bad? - CNN.com - U.S.
From ancient superstitions to modern photography, black cats face their share of unique issues -- especially this time of year.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:21:42 +0000: Rocket operator hit destruct button - CNN.com - U.S.
After it became apparent there was a problem with the launch of the NASA-contracted Antares rocket, the company that operated the flight hit the destruct button, a spokesman said.
- Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:19:17 +0000: Brittany Maynard: 'Doesn't seem like the right time' to die - CNN.com - U.S.
Brittany Maynard says she hasn't decided yet when she'll end her life, but it's a decision she's still determined to make.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District