KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Sat, 18 Apr 2015 05:07:03 +0000: What to do with unwanted horses - Brownfield Ag News
Kelsey Schueler is a Master’s Degree candidate in Ag Education and Leadership at Illinois State University in Normal. She is conducting an on-line survey to assess perceptions of horse owners, non-horse owners and those in the equine industry on the current methods of dealing with unwanted horses in Illinois. She talks about the effort: The... Read more »
The post What to do with unwanted horses appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:42:53 +0000: Wisconsin State Vet limits poultry movement - Brownfield Ag News
In an effort to prevent the spread of avian influenza, Wisconsin State Veterinarian Dr. Paul McGraw has issued a ban on poultry movement to shows, exhibitions and swap meets in Jefferson, Juneau or Barron counties. The highly pathogenic H5N2 strain of avian influenza has been confirmed in flocks in those counties. McGraw says, “Gathering poultry... Read more »
The post Wisconsin State Vet limits poultry movement appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:28:12 +0000: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board approves budget - Brownfield Ag News
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board of Directors unanimously approved a $30.3 million budget for FY 2016. The spending plan represents a nearly $1.5 million increase over FY 2015 thanks to increased milk production in the state. WMMB will continue to fund national cheese advertising, in-school nutrition education, Fuel Up to Play 60 and statewide promotions for... Read more »
The post Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board approves budget appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:18:34 +0000: Solid close to the week in the dairy markets - Brownfield Ag News
Cash cheese and butter moved higher on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Friday with Class III futures responding accordingly. For the week: cash cheese barrels gained 1.5 cents, blocks slipped a quarter-cent, butter increased 5.5 cents and nonfat dry milk is a half-cent lower. Class III futures for April gained 11 cents, May increased 22... Read more »
The post Solid close to the week in the dairy markets appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:11:06 +0000: Corn up on commercial demand - Brownfield Ag News
Soybeans was mixed in end of the week consolidation trade. May and July were both up on commercial support, while other months were steady to lower. Demand continues to be strong, but the supply fundamentals are becoming more and more bearish. There have been some harvest delays in Argentina, but nothing all that serious. Soybean... Read more »
The post Corn up on commercial demand appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:51:21 +0000: Mizzou sprucing up their spring game for fans as team holds annual Black and Gold game on Saturday - Missourinet
Getting Mizzou football fans to come out in high numbers for the Black and Gold game has always been a struggle for the University of Missouri Athletic Department. The attendance will never rank up there such as those of former rival Nebraska or current SEC powerhouse Alabama, but Mizzou is putting their best foot forward […]
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:33:15 +0000: Cardinals to honor Red Schoendienst for 70 years of baseball service prior to tonight’s game - Missourinet
It was seventy years ago today that Albert “Red” Schoendienst began his remarkable career in Major League Baseball. The St. Louis Cardinals are marking the milestone by honoring Red with a special pre-game ceremony prior to tonight’s game against the Reds. In addition, the team is launching a season-long campaign encouraging fans to demonstrate their […]
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:45:38 +0000: Movie star Bill Paxton finds ancestor with a Missouri connection - Missourinet
A television and movie star’s look into his father’s family history has brought him to eastern Missouri’s Warren County. Bill Paxton has been in numerous Hollywood movies including Aliens and Apollo 13, in recent years he starred in the HBO series Big Love, and appears as Sam Houston in the upcoming television mini-series Texas Rising. He […]
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:32:40 +0000: Missouri Senate leader pulls support for key piece of chamber’s budget proposal - Missourinet
The plan to lump together the budgets of three state agencies and let them divide up their money has lost a key supporter. House and Senate lawmakers were supposed to begin public negotiations Wednesday. The holdup has been the proposal of Senate Budget Chairman Kurt Schaefer (R-Columbia) to lump together most of the money for […]
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:24:57 +0000: Missouri legislature proposes shorter time limit for welfare recipients - Missourinet
The state legislature has sent Governor Jay Nixon (D) a proposal to tighten work requirements for receiving federal welfare money and cut by 15-months the lifetime limit for an individual to receive it. The changes apply to the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, program, for Missouri households with children younger than 18. The […]
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:21:03 +0000: Parents 'opt out' of standardized tests nationwide - CNN.com - U.S.
For the first time, in just about every state in the country, some parents are refusing to let their children take standardized tests at school. Here's what's behind the growing movement.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:43:15 +0000: Auto repair shop says yes to gun owners, no to gays - CNN.com - U.S.
A Michigan car repair shop owner says openly gay people are not welcome at his business. And gun owners are.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:42:03 +0000: Shooting suspect booted from court after outburst - CNN.com - U.S.
Kenneth Morgan Stancil's first appearance in court didn't last long. A throng of deputies rushed him out of a courtroom on Thursday after the 20-year-old murder suspect swore at the judge and tried to flip over a table.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:41:57 +0000: National parks are free this weekend - CNN.com - U.S.
From the giant sequoias of Yosemite to the geysers of Yellowstone, the United States' national parks were made for you and me.
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:41:22 +0000: Prosecutors: New York cardiologist targeted doctor - CNN.com - U.S.
A suburban New York cardiologist has been charged in connection with a failed scheme to have another physician hurt or killed, according to prosecutors.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District