KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS in Mid-Missouri today:
KXEO – Mexico’s News Leader
Here is what is NEWS elsewhere today:
- Sat, 20 Dec 2014 11:00:21 +0000: Sales fraud in the horse industry - Brownfield Ag News
Many people still believe that the old rule of “buyer beware” hold true for every transaction, including horse sales. But according to Julie Fershtman, who is considered to be one of the nation’s leading attorneys in the field of equine law, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, Fershtman says, buyers can have... Read more »
The post Sales fraud in the horse industry appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:33:10 +0000: A.G. upholds Wisconsin land ownership rule - Brownfield Ag News
Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen has issued an opinion upholding the state’s restrictions on foreign ownership of agricultural land. Non-resident aliens cannot own more than 640 acres in the Badger State. Van Hollen issued the opinion at the request of State Assembly Speaker Robin Vos following an attempt by Governor Walker to repeal the... Read more »
The post A.G. upholds Wisconsin land ownership rule appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:31:40 +0000: Missouri foods in spotlight at Ag Conference - Brownfield Ag News
Missouri food products were in the spotlight at the kick-off of the 45th Annual Governor’s Conference on Agriculture at Tan-Tar-A resort in Osage Beach. The Taste of AgriMissouri Reception featured food and drinks promoted through the state Ag Department’s AgriMissouri program. Diana and Kevin Duncan of Duncan Farms in Centertown were given the Missouri Grown... Read more »
The post Missouri foods in spotlight at Ag Conference appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:30:33 +0000: EPA announces coal ash standards - Brownfield Ag News
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced the first national regulations for the safe disposal of coal ash from power plants. The ash is categorized as a “nonhazardous waste”. It does mean coal ash cannot be disposed in landfills and certain other facilities that do not properly protect groundwater. EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy says the... Read more »
The post EPA announces coal ash standards appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:25:25 +0000: Milk production up 3.4% in November - Brownfield Ag News
Milk production in the United States totaled 16.5 billion pounds up 3.4 percent from November of last year. The U.S. dairy herd increased 82,000 head to 9.28 million cows and production per cow increased 42 pounds to average 1,782. In the 23 major dairy states, November production totaled 15.5 billion pounds up 3.5 percent from... Read more »
The post Milk production up 3.4% in November appeared first on http://brownfieldagnews.com.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:12:25 +0000: Ten Missouri law enforcement officers receive the Medal of Valor - Missourinet
Governor Jay Nixon awarded the Medal of Valor to ten law enforcement officers at a ceremony in his office at the State Capitol. The medal is presented for extraordinary acts of bravery and heroism. The recipients received the medal for their efforts to save lives and protect the public in 2013. Department of Public Safety […]
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:10:39 +0000: Tables turn on Blues as Kings rally to take back end of home and home - Missourinet
Jeff Carter, Jake Muzzin and Dwight King each scored in the third period, as the Los Angeles Kings rallied to beat the St. Louis Blues 6-4 on Thursday night. The Kings surrendered four goals in the third period of Tuesday’s 5-2 loss at St. Louis, but earned a split in the home-and-home set with their […]
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:07:52 +0000: Royals adding pitching agreeing to contracts with Medlen and Volquez - Missourinet
The Kansas City Royals have signed pitcher Kris Medlen to a two-year contract with a mutual option for the 2017 season, with the hope that the Tommy John surgery recipient will be able to contribute during the second half of the upcoming year. Medlen put together a strong 2013 campaign for the Atlanta Braves, winning […]
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 11:23:31 +0000: Missouri governor, legislators agree on revenue projection - Missourinet
Governor Jay Nixon and legislative budget leaders have agreed on the estimates of state revenue they will use in proposing the state budget for the next fiscal year. They are predicting Missouri revenues of $8.372-billion for the fiscal year that ends in June. That’s a reduction from what both the governor and the legislature originally […]
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:48:20 +0000: Missouri’s Senator McCaskill part of Stephen Colbert sendoff - Missourinet
Missouri’s senior U.S. Senator, Claire McCaskill, was among the dozens of other elected officials, comedians, singers, actors, and a couple of Muppets on the finale of Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report” last night. The show, centered on a fictional conservative anchorman played by Stephen Colbert, is ending its 9-year run. Colbert is about to become the […]
- Sat, 20 Dec 2014 15:30:40 +0000: A man, a cause, a hunger strike - CNN.com - U.S.
People in cars and on bikes whizzed by Moustafa Mohamad as he sat on a sidewalk in Washington one day not so long ago. Commuters poured out of the Dupont Circle Metro station and rushed by on their way to school or work. Tourists rumbled by on a double-decker bus.
- Sat, 20 Dec 2014 15:19:04 +0000: What happened after elevator fight - CNN.com - U.S.
A newly released video shows the now-wife of NFL player Ray Rice nuzzling him shortly after he knocked her out cold at a casino in New Jersey.
- Sat, 20 Dec 2014 15:16:51 +0000: Killer meatloaf? Lawsuit claims couple died after tainted meal - CNN.com - U.S.
The children of an elderly West Virginia couple who passed away months apart in late 2012 and early 2013 are blaming their deaths on a restaurant chain's meatloaf.
- Sat, 20 Dec 2014 15:16:37 +0000: Game over for passenger accused of packing gun in PlayStation 2 - CNN.com - U.S.
Game over for a Brooklyn man who tried to conceal parts of a .22-caliber semi-automatic handgun in a PlayStation 2.
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:17:07 +0000: Airman dresses as Santa to surprise son - CNN.com - U.S.
An airman disguised himself as Santa to surprise his six-year-old son who thought he wouldn't be home for Christmas.
OR, CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Mexico Ledger Mexico School District
Fulton Sun Fulton School District
Centralia Fireside Guard Centralia School District
Vandalia News Leader Van-Far School District
Monroe County Appeal Paris School District
Moberly Monitor Index Moberly School District