Welcome to the new KXEO web site. Here you will find the latest on Missouri sports news.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:43:29 +0000: Cardinals get some pitching help, dealing with Indians for pitcher Justin Masterson - Missourinet» Sports
The St. Louis Cardinals announced this afternoon that they have acquired right-handed starting pitcher Justin Masterson from the Cleveland Indians in exchange for Springfield (AA) outfielder James Ramsey. Masterson is scheduled to start Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers. Masterson is 29 with a 4-6 record and a 5.51 ERA in 19 starts for the Tribe […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:31:00 +0000: Yeah, just because you played a little ping pong down in your friend’s basement, does not make you an expert (VIDEO) - Missourinet» Sports
I’m back into the swing of things at work after a nice 10-day vacation. So are my videos. The best part about vacation as a sports guy is I’m not ashamed to say I completely shut myself off from the sports world. I didn’t follow Twitter, I didn’t post stories, I didn’t check ESPN or […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:59:21 +0000: Cardinals unable to take advantage of walks in series opener in San Diego - Missourinet» Sports
San Diego starting pitcher Tyson Ross won his third straight start, holding the Cardinals to one run on four hits and five walks in six innings. He did strike out seven and got some timely defensive help as the Cardinals lost to the Padres 3-1. Cardinals starter Lance Lynn allowed two runs, one earned, and four hits in […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:41:48 +0000: Former Mizzou hurler allows just two hits in seven innings as Twins hold off Royals - Missourinet» Sports
Minnesota starting pitcher Kyle Gibson gave up a single toAlcides Escobar in the third inning and another basehit to Nori Aoki in the sixth and ended his night on a four-pitch seventh inning as he improved to 9-8 and shut down the Royals in a 2-1 victory for the Twins on Tuesday night. James Shields, seeking […]
- Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:30:48 +0000: Same receiver busted for suspicion of pot with DGB in 2012 gets season long suspension from NCAA - Missourinet» Sports
The NCAA suspended Mizzou sophomore wide receiver Levi Copelin for the 2014-15 season. Copelin is from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. STATEMENT FROM LEVI COPELIN “The reason I am suspended is that I recently bought an over-the-counter nutritional supplement from a local store, and used it as part of my workout routine. Unfortunately, I used it without clearing […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:31:00 +0000: W. Basketball. On the Prowl: Summer Highlights - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
The Tigers have been working so hard this summer, especially on the team's favorite workout, THE HILL! Check out this edition of On the Prowl to hear all about Mizzou's summer workouts!
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:01:00 +0000: W. Volleyball. Mizzou Volleyball to be Featured on NCAA All-Access - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
On the heels of its first ever SEC Championship and a 35-1 season, Mizzou volleyball has been selected by the NCAA to be featured on the NCAA.com All-Access video franchise during the 2014 season. NCAA.com All-Access will give fans around the nation a unique look at what it is like to be a Mizzou volleyball player all season in weekly video updates.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:25:00 +0000: General News. Mizzou Athletics Enters Final Stage Before SEC Network Launch - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
On May 2, 2013, the Southeastern Conference and ESPN announced a 20-year partnership that would maximize the league's exposure with the launch of the SEC Network. While Mizzou and SEC fans were expressing their excitement for an all-SEC, all-the-time Network, the Mizzou department of athletics and Mizzou Network Director Stan Silvey were busy planning.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:12:00 +0000: General News. Tigers Spend the Summer in Service Through Coach for College - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
For most student-athletes, the summer months serve as a time to get away, get rejuvenated, and get refocused for the year and season ahead. But for four Tigers, this summer took on a different meaning - service - as junior Lydia Ely (volleyball) and seniors Maggie Givens (track & field), Courtney Wood (cross country, track & field), and Tre Chambers (track & field) became Mizzou's first contingent of student-athletes to spend a month teaching in Vietnam as part of the Coach for College service-learning program.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:00:00 +0000: Baseball. Gibson, Crow Dazzle at Kauffman Stadium - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Less than a week removed from Mizzou Night at the K, Kansas City Royals fans again got a Mizzou experience last night as two former Tiger pitchers threw in a 2-1 Minnesota Twins win. Former Tiger ace Kyle Gibson (2007-09) out-pitched James Shields, tossing 7.0 innings, allowing just two hits while striking out seven against two walks in his ninth win of the season. The Royals threw reliever and former Tiger Aaron Crow (2006-08) and he tossed a scoreless eighth inning to keep Kansas City in the game.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:44:32 +0000: Cards, Indians familiar trade partners - STL Homepage News
When it comes to the non-waiver Trade Deadline, most general managers listen to plenty of trade proposals. But when the Cleveland and St. Louis front offices talk, they listen closely. Since 2002, the Cardinals and Indians have pulled off 10 midseason deals, including Wednesday's. They've been big and small -- five coming within a week of the Deadline -- but the two teams clearly enjoy working together on the trade front.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:13:52 +0000: Cards trade for Masterson to bolster rotation - STL Homepage News
The Cardinals worked out a deal with the Indians that sent Cleveland right-hander Justin Masterson to St. Louis in exchange for outfield prospect James Ramsey.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:16:08 +0000: Lynn's solid effort unrewarded on sloppy night - STL Homepage News
The Cardinals, unable to capitalize on a slew of early free passes, were later sunk by a pair Lance Lynn issued in a laborious sixth inning that boosted the Padres to a 3-1 win in front of 33,521 fans at Petco Park on Tuesday night.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:28:37 +0000: Kelly eyes bounce-back outing against Padres - STL Homepage News
St. Louis right-hander Joe Kelly, who has bookended one outstanding start with two subpar outings, looks to right the ship against the light-hitting Padres on Wednesday night. But the offense may be at a premium for the Cardinals as well. They'll face rookie phenom Jesse Hahn, who has won six of his past seven starts.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 04:37:26 +0000: Umpires' review confirms no violation of collision rule - STL Homepage News
At manager Mike Matheny's urging, crew chief Brian Gorman reviewed a fifth-inning play at the plate on Tuesday night before confirming that there was no violation for Rule 7.13, which requires a catcher to provide a lane to home plate if he does not have possession of the ball.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:23:11 +0000: Royals Minor League Report: July 30 - KC Homepage News
The Naturals evened a road set at a game apiece. Arkansas native Ferguson held the Travelers to a run, three hits and three walks with six strikeouts over six innings. Orlando Calixte put the Naturals on top with a two-run single in the third. He added two walks and a stolen base. Mitch Maier had a single, a walk and two runs.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 04:56:55 +0000: Rally falls short as Twins keep Royals' number - KC Homepage News
Last year the Royals absolutely loved playing the Minnesota Twins and why not? They were 15-4 against them. Times have changed. Right-hander Kyle Gibson and the Twins dealt the Royals a sixth loss in their 10 meetings this season, 2-1, on Tuesday night in front of 30,686 fans at Kauffman Stadium.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 04:36:23 +0000: Twins lose challenge, Gardy gets ejected - KC Homepage News
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire unsuccessfully challenged a play in the third inning of Tuesday's game against the Royals and was ejected by home-plate umpire Ted Barrett for arguing the call after the review.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 02:35:59 +0000: Improving Duffy looks to bats for support against Twins - KC Homepage News
Danny Duffy just seems to get better with every start. The Royals left-hander, who will take the mound Wednesday night against the Twins, has an 0.92 ERA over his last three starts, but he's just 0-2 in that span. He'll be opposed by the Twins' Phil Hughes, who was cleared to start despite a shin contusion.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 00:21:30 +0000: Kratz welcomes new opportunity with Royals - KC Homepage News
It took eight-plus seasons in the Minor Leagues before catcher Erik Kratz finally made his Major League debut at age 30. That's a long wait.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 02:23:50 +0000: St. Louis Rams: 2013 team needs - St. Louis Rams team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the St. Louis Rams, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:07:40 +0000: Schwartz won't say if Calvin Johnson broke three fingers - St. Louis Rams team news
Lions head coach Jim Schwartz would not confirm if WR Calvin Johnson suffered three broken fingers.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:49:41 +0000: Rams place Titus Young on waivers - St. Louis Rams team news
Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.
- Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:00:22 +0000: Reports: Rams to hire Walton as defensive coordinator - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams will hire Lions secondary coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator, ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported.
- Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:43:32 +0000: Rams claim former Lions WR Young - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams claimed WR Titus Young off waivers from the Lions on Tuesday, CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora first reported.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:16:35 +0000: Chiefs ink TE Fasano to four-year deal - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs and former Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano agreed to terms on a four-year deal on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 13:58:04 +0000: Chiefs add CB Robinson - Kansas City Chiefs team news
Arguably no team in the league has gotten a better head start on free agency than the Chiefs, who continued their spending spree Friday by signing former Falcons CB Dunta Robinson, as first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:44:24 +0000: Kansas City Chiefs: 2013 team needs - Kansas City Chiefs team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the Kansas City Chiefs, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:47:45 +0000: Chiefs release ORT Winston - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs released ORT Eric Winston, the team announced Thursday.
- Mon, 04 Mar 2013 22:02:22 +0000: Chiefs tag Albert; re-sign Bowe, Colquitt - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs applied the franchise tag to OLT Branden Albert and re-signed WR Dwayne Bowe and P Dustin Colquitt to long-term deals.
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:55:00 +0000: Dooley and Stenger to appear on the Pulse of St. Louis - kplr11.com
(KPLR) – The primary candidates seeking the democratic nomination for St. Louis County Executive sat down for extended interviews for the Pulse of St. Louis Wednesday. Current county executive Charlie Dooley and Steve Stenger have been heated debate over who is the best candidate to lead St. Louis County. Both candidates talked about their credentials, […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:49:50 +0000: Republican candidates running for St. Louis County Executive - kplr11.com
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO (KPLR) – The August 5th primary is less than a week away and a lot of attention for the St. Louis County Executive has focused on the democratic candidates Charlie Dooley and Steve Stenger. But there are two republican candidates vying for the county executive job. State representative Rick Stream touts […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:45:00 +0000: St. Louis launches program to end homelessness among veterans - kplr11.com
ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – St. Louis started a program aimed at ending homelessness among veterans Wednesday. Operation Reveille is part of Mayor Francis Slay’s plan to end overall homelessness in the city. Veterans who qualify will be placed in an apartment while they apply for other government benefits. The program is funded by $750,000 on […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:43:17 +0000: “Get off my roads” – Sunset Hills mayor under investigation after cyclist hit by car - kplr11.com
SUNSET HILLS, MO (KPLR) – A cyclist claims the mayor of Sunset Hills ran his car into him knocking him off his bike on purpose. The mayor claims that’s not true and insists the cyclist started it all. Sunset Hills Police are investigating which has the cyclist’s lawyer crying foul. Randy Murdick has won state-wide […]
- Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:05:05 +0000: Don’t include me in the future of grocery shopping - kplr11.com
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – It seems the future of shopping could include a grocery cart that talks back to you. The idea is it could tell you if you’re making a smart choice. I already know my late runs for ice cream and potato chips are bad for me. So, I prefer that cars […]