Welcome to the new KXEO web site. Here you will find the latest on Missouri sports news.
- Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:28:22 +0000: Rams offering $100,000 to one lucky fan…I mean really lucky fan. Just predict their football schedule and you could win (VIDEO) - Missourinet» Sports
The St. Louis Rams have announced their first ever “Guess Our Games” challenge, giving fans the chance to win $100,000 if they can correctly predict all 17 weeks of the team’s 2014 regular season schedule. Fans can access the contest at www.stlouisrams.com/guessourgames. In order to have the opportunity to win the cash prize, the contestant […]
- Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:41:23 +0000: Mizzou’s Bri Kulas becomes the seventh Tiger to ever be drafted in the WNBA. Kulas goes in the third round - Missourinet» Sports
Mizzou senior forward Bri Kulas was picked by the San Antonio Stars in the third round of the WNBA Draft, as the the 28th overall pick, making her the seventh Tiger in program history to be chosen in the draft and first since Christine Flores in 2012. Kulas joins former Tigers Christine Flores (Phoenix Mercury, […]
- Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:46:55 +0000: Lynn breaks out of early season funk and strikes out 11 as Cards stop Brewers’ win streak - Missourinet» Sports
Lance Lynn entered Monday night’s game with an ERA well over six. Yet, he struck out 11 and allowed three hits over seven innings in a 4-0 Cardinals victory, snapping the Brewers nine-game winning streak in Milwaukee. The Brewers are 10-3, off to their best start since 1987 when they went 13-0 to start that […]
- Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:35:16 +0000: Mizzou baseball’s Anderson named SEC player of the week for not only his hitting, but pitching too - Missourinet» Sports
Mizzou Baseball senior Eric Anderson (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) was named SEC Player of the Week. Anderson hit and pitched his way to the honor in a series win at No. 15 Kentucky. Anderson hit .444 while slugging .778 and reaching base at a .500 clip. He drove in a team-high six runs on the week […]
- Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:30:50 +0000: Mizzou Softball’s Schkade Earns SEC Freshman of the Week as the Tigers finish the week with a perfect 5-0 record. - Missourinet» Sports
Freshman IF/OF Kelli Schkade earned Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week helping Mizzou in a series sweeping, 7-6 win at No. 20 Auburn on Sunday. Schkade hit a solo home run to left center field with two outs in the top of the seventh inning to put Mizzou up 7-5. The home run added to her […]
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 03:12:00 +0000: Track. Winning Performances Close Week for Track & Field - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
The Tigers concluded a busy week on Saturday with more personal record (PR) performances from the west coast and the Beach Invitational, as well as the SIUE Gateway Invitational in Edwardsville, Ill. Both squads will come home with a combined 24 PR performances, two new All-Time Top Ten marks from junior Maggie Givens and sophomore Drake Stuedemann, and eight individual event wins at the Gateway Invite.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:59:00 +0000: W. Golf. Golf Maintains Top 10 Position at SEC Championships - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Led by freshman Jess Meek, Mizzou Women's Golf is maintaining its top 10 position at the 2014 SEC Women's Golf Championships
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:51:00 +0000: Softball. Game Notes: No. 13 Mizzou 9, Ole Miss 1 (Six inn.) - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Mizzou is now 18-0 when they hold their opponent to one run or less. The series sweep is the second consecutive sweep for the Tigers in conference competition.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:40:00 +0000: Softball. Series Sweep Finished with Run-Rule Win for No. 13 Mizzou - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Three runs and two RBI from Fleming and 6.0 innings of two-hit softball from Finucane gave the Tigers a 9-1 run-rule victory in six innings.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:32:00 +0000: Baseball. Tigers Fall, 6-2, to No. 22 Mississippi State - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
A three-run seventh inning for the No. 22 Mississippi State Bulldogs (25-15, 9-8) proved to be the difference as Mizzou (17-20, 6-11) fell 6-2 Saturday (April 19) afternoon at Taylor Stadium, giving the series to the visiting Bulldogs. John Miles (Columbia, Mo.) had a strong start, pitching into the seventh inning and striking out three MSU hitters, though he was charged with four runs. The outing was Miles' longest since March 15, when he also went 6.1 innings against Tennessee.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:00:00 +0000: Lynn, Cruz battery powers Cards to victory - STL Homepage News
Lance Lynn allowed one run over 5 2/3 innings and combined with battery mate Tony Cruz to drive in three runs, as the Cardinals beat the Nationals, 4-3, on Saturday at Nationals Park.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:15:00 +0000: Miller aiming to salt away series for Cardinals - STL Homepage News
Twenty-eight pitchers were taken in the first round of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, beginning with highly touted starter Stephen Strasburg. Eighteen picks after Washington chose Strasburg, the Cardinals plucked a high schooler from Texas by the name of Shelby Miller. Those two power right-handers will face each other for the first time in their careers on Sunday at Nationals Park.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 17:18:57 +0000: Cards coy about upcoming pitching plans - STL Homepage News
The Cardinals have settled on a starter for Monday's series opener against the Mets, but manager Mike Matheny said on Saturday that the team is not yet ready to announce its choice.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 17:18:56 +0000: Cards pair Cruz with Lynn in battery - STL Homepage News
Having helped navigate Lance Lynn through seven scoreless innings in his start on Monday, Tony Cruz returned as Lynn's batterymate in Saturday's outing against the Nationals.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 17:18:53 +0000: Garcia, Motte have good rehab outings - STL Homepage News
Jaime Garcia threw two scoreless innings and Jason Motte one during an extended spring training game on Saturday. Both players have remained in Jupiter, Fla., after Spring Training to continue their respective rehab programs.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 05:03:22 +0000: Royals Minor League report: April 19 - KC Homepage News
Omaha lost the series opener to the Sounds, with the five hits a season low for a nine-inning game. Johnny Giavotella led the Storm Chasers with two hits, raising his average to .355 (11-for-31). Paulo Orlando added a two-out RBI in the seventh. P.J. Walters recorded a quality start, striking out four while allowing three runs, seven hits and a walk over 7.0 innings.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:30:29 +0000: Royals ride five-run frame to fifth straight win - KC Homepage News
Bruce Chen gave up four runs in five innings, but the offense exploded for five runs in the fourth as the Royals extended their win streak to five with a 5-4 victory over the Twins on Saturday.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:20:00 +0000: Ventura, Royals aim to put brooms on Minny - KC Homepage News
Rookie right-hander Yordano Ventura and the Royals will go for their sixth straight win and a sweep of the series when they take on Phil Hughes and the Twins on Sunday at Kauffman Stadium.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:03:20 +0000: Coleman sharp in closing out Royals victory - KC Homepage News
After a rusty first appearance on April 11 at Minnesota, reliever Louis Coleman didn't pitch again until a week later. And when he faced the Twins to wrap up the Royals' 5-0 win on Friday night, he was much improved.
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 17:17:34 +0000: Butler feeling positive vibes after multi-hit day - KC Homepage News
After a worrisome and completely uncharacteristic period early in the season, Royals designated hitter Billy Butler is showing positive signs of regaining his old flair at the plate -- collecting two hits in Saturday's 5-4 win over the Twins.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 02:23:50 +0000: St. Louis Rams: 2013 team needs - St. Louis Rams team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the St. Louis Rams, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:07:40 +0000: Schwartz won't say if Calvin Johnson broke three fingers - St. Louis Rams team news
Lions head coach Jim Schwartz would not confirm if WR Calvin Johnson suffered three broken fingers.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:49:41 +0000: Rams place Titus Young on waivers - St. Louis Rams team news
Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.
- Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:00:22 +0000: Reports: Rams to hire Walton as defensive coordinator - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams will hire Lions secondary coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator, ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported.
- Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:43:32 +0000: Rams claim former Lions WR Young - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams claimed WR Titus Young off waivers from the Lions on Tuesday, CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora first reported.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:16:35 +0000: Chiefs ink TE Fasano to four-year deal - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs and former Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano agreed to terms on a four-year deal on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 13:58:04 +0000: Chiefs add CB Robinson - Kansas City Chiefs team news
Arguably no team in the league has gotten a better head start on free agency than the Chiefs, who continued their spending spree Friday by signing former Falcons CB Dunta Robinson, as first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:44:24 +0000: Kansas City Chiefs: 2013 team needs - Kansas City Chiefs team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the Kansas City Chiefs, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:47:45 +0000: Chiefs release ORT Winston - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs released ORT Eric Winston, the team announced Thursday.
- Mon, 04 Mar 2013 22:02:22 +0000: Chiefs tag Albert; re-sign Bowe, Colquitt - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs applied the franchise tag to OLT Branden Albert and re-signed WR Dwayne Bowe and P Dustin Colquitt to long-term deals.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 00:15:22 +0000: Hate crimes in Missouri - kplr11.com
(KPLR) – The Justice Department is pursuing federal hate crime charges in the shootings at a Jewish Community Center and...
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:40:52 +0000: Michaels hack hit 3 million - kplr11.com
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — A security breach at Michaels Stores lasted eight months and affected about 3 million customers, the...
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:37:23 +0000: Syria on track to meet April deadline for chemical weapons disposal, OPCW says - kplr11.com
(CNN) — Syria has destroyed a majority of its chemical weapons material, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons...
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:35:43 +0000: Vow to push forward on Ukraine pact meets defiance on the ground - kplr11.com
DONETSK, Ukraine (CNN) — Two days after an international pact was brokered with the stated goal of easing tensions in...
- Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:32:37 +0000: SpaceX’s Dragon on way to International Space Station - kplr11.com
(CNN) — Belching smoke and fire, SpaceX’s unmanned Dragon spacecraft successfully blasted off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, Friday afternoon on...