Welcome to the new KXEO web site. Here you will find the latest on Missouri sports news.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:43:15 +0000: Tigers blown out by Tennessee. Mizzou will be the eighth seed in the SEC Tournament - Missourinet» Sports
The Tennessee Volunteers are red hot and their blowing opponents out. The Missouri Tigers were the latest victim, as Mizzou got hammered, 72-45. Jordan Clarkson had 13 points for Missouri (21-10, 9-9). Both Tennessee and Missouri are on the NCAA tournament bubble, and this game may have burst the Tigers chances. Missouri shot 32%(15 of […]
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:21:22 +0000: Ryan Miller wins his fourth straight start for the Blues who continue to dominate the Avs - Missourinet» Sports
The St. Louis Blues increased their lead to five points over the Colorado Avalanche with a 2-1 win Saturday at Pepsi Center, in Denver, winning their third straight against the Avs. The win was also Ryan Miller’s fourth since coming to the Blues. Miller is 4-0-0 since arriving in a trade from the Buffalo Sabres a […]
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:06:11 +0000: Long scoring droughts for Missouri State prove costly as the Bears lose to Wichita State at MVC tournament - Missourinet» Sports
Cleanthony Early scored 20 points with three 3-pointers and a pair of dunks, and No. 2 Wichita State improved to 33-0 with little resistance in a 67-42 rout over Missouri State in the Missouri Valley Conference semifinals Saturday. Tekele Cotton also made three 3-pointers for the top-seeded Shockers (33-0), who matched the start by Larry […]
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:59:19 +0000: Central Missouri Jennies get to the MIAA finals. Will face Emporia St. who defeated SW Baptist - Missourinet» Sports
MIAA Player of the Year Keuna Flax hit a shot with five second to play as top seed Central Missouri earned a 71-69 victory over fifth seed Fort Hays State. FHSU erased a 14-point UCM lead, but held on to earn their second straight trip to the MIAA Championship. For the Jennies Flax led the […]
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:54:51 +0000: Cardinals sign third baseman Matt Carpenter to long-term deal. He calls it a no-brainer…no better place to play - Missourinet» Sports
Matt Carpenter has a new $52 million, six-year deal with the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals are hoping they have their third baseman of the future. The new deal includes a team option for a seventh year in 2020 at $18.5 million. Should St. Louis decline the option, it would pay Carpenter a $2 […]
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:49:00 +0000: Baseball. Mizzou 6, Southern Miss 4 - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Missouri vs. Southern Miss
Kendall Keeton and Dillon Everett both reached base in the first inning, extending their team-best on base streaks of 12 and 11 games, respectively.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:42:00 +0000: Baseball. Mizzou Clinches Series with 6-4 Win - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Mizzou baseball (6-6) took a 5-0 lead through two innings and held on to win by a 6-4 final over Southern Mississippi (6-9) Saturday afternoon (March 8) at Taylor Stadium. The Tigers took advantage of five walks through the game's first two frames, sealing a series victory. John Miles (Columbia, Mo.) had a strong outing, going a season-best 5.1 innings and setting a career mark in strikeouts with six. He earned his second win of the season as he is now 2-0.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:27:00 +0000: M. Basketball. Missouri Falls To Tennessee In Knoxville, 72-45 - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
Jordan Clarkson had 13 points for Missouri (21-10, 9-9), but the Tigers fell to Tennessee on Saturday.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 20:43:00 +0000: Softball. No. 13 Texas A&M Evens Series with No. 15 Mizzou - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
No. 15 Mizzou Softball will go for a series win at No. 13 Texas A&M on Sunday, March 9.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:18:00 +0000: Softball. Finucane and No. 15 Mizzou Blank No. 13 Texas A&M, 7-0 - Missouri Tigers News -- www.mutigers.com
No. 15 Mizzou was pitched to a shutout, 7-0 win over No. 13 Texas A&M to start the squad's SEC schedule by freshman P Tori Finucane (Germantown, Md.).
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:07:55 +0000: Extensions part of Cards' long-term plan - STL Homepage News
They lined the back of the makeshift news conference room Saturday -- Yadier Molina, Adam Wainwright, Allen Craig and Matt Holliday -- watching and welcoming another into their core. With his six-year extension now finalized, Matt Carpenter joins those four as the pillar around which the Cardinals intend to build.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 21:26:21 +0000: Past injury issue, Rosenthal pleased with spring debut - STL Homepage News
Though skeptical that he hit triple digits with his fastball on Saturday (as the Roger Dean Stadium scoreboard advertised), Trevor Rosenthal was nonetheless pleased with how things went during his spring debut.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 21:26:20 +0000: Garcia expects to resume throwing next week - STL Homepage News
Cardinals left-hander Jaime Garcia said Saturday that he expects to resume his throwing program next week, but will first head to Dr. James Andrews' rehab facility in Birmingham, Ala., to get further consultation from the group of physical therapists regarding his rehab program.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 20:30:55 +0000: Wacha starts off strong as Cardinals tie up Nationals - STL Homepage News
The Cardinals and Nationals both scored three runs in the eighth inning and played to a 4-4 tie in 10 innings Saturday afternoon at Roger Dean Stadium.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:42:02 +0000: Carpenter happy to be part of Cards' long-term core - STL Homepage News
Last spring, the Cardinals came to Spring Training hopeful of watching Matt Carpenter take the reins of the second-base job. This year, the organization will leave with assurances that he is part of its long-term core, signing him to a six-year extension reportedly worth $52 million with an option for 2020.
- Thu, 30 Jan 2014 00:00:52 +0000: Royals add outfield depth with trade for Peguero - KC Homepage News
The Royals added outfield depth on Wednesday, acquiring Carlos Peguero from the Mariners. In exchange, the Mariners will receive a player to be named or cash.
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:35:56 +0000: Kuntz earns No. 1 rank as outfield/baserunning coach - KC Homepage News
When Boston Globe columnist Nick Cafardo rated coaches around the Major Leagues in various categories, first-base coach Rusty Kuntz was ranked No. 1 for outfield/baserunning.
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:35:11 +0000: Shields on board with new protective caps - KC Homepage News
James Shields has never been drilled in the head by a line drive, but he's had enough bruises elsewhere that he's going to give the new protective headgear for pitchers a try.
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:34:30 +0000: Royals trio makes an impression in winter play - KC Homepage News
Look at the Winter League statistics for Royals players and not much jumps out, but there were some notable accomplishments from, among others, Mike Moustakas, Salvador Perez and Kelvin Herrera.
- Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:39:05 +0000: Adams, Ventura earn Royals' Minor League awards - KC Homepage News
Lane Adams and Yordano Ventura have won the top awards in the Royals' Minor League organization.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 02:23:50 +0000: St. Louis Rams: 2013 team needs - St. Louis Rams team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the St. Louis Rams, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:07:40 +0000: Schwartz won't say if Calvin Johnson broke three fingers - St. Louis Rams team news
Lions head coach Jim Schwartz would not confirm if WR Calvin Johnson suffered three broken fingers.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:49:41 +0000: Rams place Titus Young on waivers - St. Louis Rams team news
Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.
- Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:00:22 +0000: Reports: Rams to hire Walton as defensive coordinator - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams will hire Lions secondary coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator, ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported.
- Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:43:32 +0000: Rams claim former Lions WR Young - St. Louis Rams team news
The Rams claimed WR Titus Young off waivers from the Lions on Tuesday, CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora first reported.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:16:35 +0000: Chiefs ink TE Fasano to four-year deal - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs and former Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano agreed to terms on a four-year deal on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Sat, 09 Mar 2013 13:58:04 +0000: Chiefs add CB Robinson - Kansas City Chiefs team news
Arguably no team in the league has gotten a better head start on free agency than the Chiefs, who continued their spending spree Friday by signing former Falcons CB Dunta Robinson, as first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
- Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:44:24 +0000: Kansas City Chiefs: 2013 team needs - Kansas City Chiefs team news
We highlight the top three needs on offense and defense for the Kansas City Chiefs, and take a look back at their 2012 draft class.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:47:45 +0000: Chiefs release ORT Winston - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs released ORT Eric Winston, the team announced Thursday.
- Mon, 04 Mar 2013 22:02:22 +0000: Chiefs tag Albert; re-sign Bowe, Colquitt - Kansas City Chiefs team news
The Chiefs applied the franchise tag to OLT Branden Albert and re-signed WR Dwayne Bowe and P Dustin Colquitt to long-term deals.
- Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:48:24 +0000: Cardinals sign Carpenter through 2019 - kplr11.com
JUPITER, FL (KTVI) – The St. Louis Cardinals have signed Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter through 2019. The pact calls for...
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:31:45 +0000: Oscar Pistorius trial: Four unanswered questions, and an answered one - kplr11.com
Three bangs. Four shots. Nine witnesses. “Blade Runner” Oscar Pistorius has been on trial for a week, charged with the...
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:27:09 +0000: Graduating classmates remember Casey Williamson - kplr11.com
VALLEY PARK, MO (KPLR) – In July 2006 six-year-old Casey Williamson was abducted and later found murdered near an old...
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:22:56 +0000: Pulaski County authorities looking into disappearance of 3-year-old - kplr11.com
(KPLR) – The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department is looking into the disappearance of 3-year-old Lance Webb, Junior. He was taken...
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:49:46 +0000: As hostilities flare in Crimea, U.S. steps up pressure on Russia - kplr11.com
Hostilities intensified in Crimea on Saturday as Ukrainian officials accused pro-Russian forces of armed aggression and President Barack Obama rounded...