The Mexico Bulldogs open up the high school football season when they play the Centralia Panthers in Centralia tonight.
Steve Haag is entering his 10th year as the Bulldogs head coach and has accrued a record of 66-37.
Haag says the heat has been a factor in practices this week.
The Bulldogs and Panthers kickoff at 8pm tonight.
The game will be broadcast live on AM 1340 KXEO and streamed live on KXEO.com.
Other week one games include:
- Blair Oaks travels to Maryville to face UCM.
- Boonville is at Pleasant Hill.
- The Bowling Green Bobcats opens up the season at Louisiana.
- California and new head Kenny Grubb will be at Willow Springs.
- Capital City visits Warrensburg.
- Battle goes to Park Hill.
- Hickman is on the road at North Kansas City.
- Rock Bridge hosts Park Hill South.
- The Fulton Hornets play Eldon at home.
- Hallsville makes a trip to Palmyra.
- Hannibal and Helias clash in Jefferson City.
- Hermann hosts Montgomery City.
- Jefferson City has a home game against the School of the Osage.
- Kirksville gets Macon in Kirksville.
- Mark Twain hosts Monroe City.
- The Missouri Military Academy welcomes in Russellville.
- Moberly at home playing Smith-Cotton.
- The North Callaway Thunderbirds stay home and host Westran.
- The Paris Coyotes travel to Livingston.
- Southern Boone is on the road at Odessa.
The Mexico Lady Bulldogs volleyball team hosted a sports drink scrimmage at the Mexico High School on Thursday night. The Lady Bulldogs open up their season on the road against the Fulton Hornets on Monday, August 28, 2023.