Several area teams advanced in the high school football playoffs on Friday, November 3, 2023.
- Tipton beat Louisiana 40-8.
- Marceline took out Salisbury 32-13.
- Warsaw ended South Callaway’s season with a 46-28 victory.
- South Shelby bested Clark County 43-6.
- Bowling Green dominated Monroe City 51-6.
- Moberly defeated Centralia 41-28.
- Blair Oaks is moving on after a 64-30 win over Southern Boone.
- Odessa defeated Boonville 63-41.
- California outlasted Oak Grove in a thriller 40-39.
- Hannibal conquered Wentzville Holt 48-27.
- Jefferson City handled Marshall 49-3.
- Smithville ended Kirksville’s season with a 49-8 win.
- Capital City outlasted Camdenton 38-35.
- Helias beat Washington 38-28.
- Rock Bridge advanced with a 69-32 win against Francis Howell Central.
Hickman High School has a coaching vacancy to fill after the resignation of head football coach Cedric Alvis yesterday (Friday).
Alvis and the Kewpies just finished 0-10 this season after their loss to Francis Howell Central last Friday.
The Kewpies went 13-46 in Alvis’ six seasons as head coach.
The Blair Oaks Lady Falcons won their 3rd consecutive Class 3 Volleyball State Championship yesterday (Friday) with a 3-2 victory over Ursuline Academy.
And in college football today (Saturday) it’s a collision course between the top two teams in the East Division of the SEC when 12th ranked Missouri Tigers are on the road to take on the 2nd ranked Georgia Bulldogs.
Georgia has won the last nine meetings against Mizzou.
Kickoff from the Peach State is at 2:30.