A malfunctioning thermostat of an outdoor wood stove is believed to be the cause of a fire in Centralia yesterday (Wednesday).
Little Dixie Fire Protection District reports they responded to the 12000 block of Audrain Road 971, just after 12:40 yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
Upon arrival fire fighters report finding a large amount of split fire wood with heavy smoke and fire showing a LP gas storage tank and near a house.
The owner was at home taking a nap during the incident, and was uninjured.
Around 18 cords of split firewood was destroyed in the blaze.