An Arizona man is recovering from significant burns suffered during an incident at a residence in Mexico last (Wednesday) night.
Mexico Public Safety reports a 28 year old Arizona man was near a recreational fire pit and poured gas on a small fire that was burning at a house in the 700 block of East Jackson in Mexico.
The fire traveled to the gas can and ignited the can and the man’s clothing.
A 21 year old Mexico woman who was standing nearby, also received burns to one of her legs.
Both the man and woman were taken to the University Hospital in Columbia