Electrical Fire At Mexico YMCA

No injuries reported after an electrical fire at the Mexico YMCA this (Thursday) morning.

According to Mexico Public Safety it happened around 5:13 this morning at the YMCA in the 1100 block of Adams Street.

Advertisement

Responding personnel found a light in the basketball gym and indoor track area had an electrical short and burned, dropping burning material on floor beneath it.

Patrons saw the fire and the fire detection system was activated.

Staff followed their procedures and everyone was safely evacuated.

Electricity to the light was shut off, and the burning material on the gym floor was extinguished.

Leave a Reply