Mexico Public Safety went to 2 fire related calls yesterday (Monday).
No injuries reported following a kitchen fire in the 900 block of North Kentucky yesterday (Monday) morning.
Mexico Public Safety responded to the fire just after 9:30 and found that the resident of the home was warming grease on the stove and left the room for a few minutes before hearing smoke detectors sounding.
The resident extinguished the fire and called 911.
Mexico Public Safety responded to a car fire yesterday (Monday) afternoon around 1:25 in the 1700 block of West Boulevard.
Responding personnel found that a vehicle was being towed after having mechanical issues, when the tow operator noticed a small fire in the engine compartment.
The fire was put out in that area with nothing beyond the engine compartment having damage according to Mexico Public Safety.
There were no injuries reported.