Unattended Cooking Apparent Cause Of Kitchen Fire At Rock Springs In Mexico

Unattended cooking is the apparent cause of a kitchen fire at Rock Springs Drive in Mexico on Saturday.

Mexico Public Safety responded to the fire just after 11am and found a fire on a stovetop and the immediate area around it.

Advertisement

The cabinetry around the stove suffered moderate fire damage, however the rest of the home was not damaged.

Public Safety reports the resident said she was heating a pan on the stove to begin cooking then stepped away for a short time and then realized there was a fire in the kitchen.

There were no injuries from the incident.