Grass Fire On Mars In Mexico Wednesday Afternoon

No injuries reported after a grass fire yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon in the 600 block of Mars Street.

It happened just before 3pm and responding personnel found that a landowner was burning a large pile of brush and had left it unattended.


The fire started spreading through an open field towards some residences when Mexico Public Safety was called.

The fire was contained and put out after it had moved about 150 feet to the northwest.

No personal property was damaged.