The Mizzou Tigers held on to beat the Commodores of Vandy Saturday for the 111th Homecoming.
The final Saturday at Faurot Field was 17 to 14.
The matchups are set for the World Series following yesterday’s championship series games.
The Phillies beat San Diego 4 games to 1 to represent the National League while Houston shut the Yankees out of the American League series 4 games to none.
Game 1 of the World Series is in Houston Friday night.
The Chiefs improve to 5 and 2 on the season after yesterday’s rout of the 49ers, 44 to 23.
High school softball championships are set to begin Thursday in Springfield with Helias taking on Washington and Warrenton facing Kearney.
On Friday, it’s Salisbury facing Polo, Eugene taking on Marceline, Russellville battles Sherwood, Fatima gets Westminster Christian and Bowling Green faces Chillicothe.
Week 10 of high school football kicks off district play Friday night.
- Van-Far is in Brentwood
- Louisiana heads to Crystal City
- South Callaway hosts Tipton
- Harrisburg heads to Cole Camp
- Paris with Madison & Faith Walk is on the road to Monroe City
- Westran hosts Salisbury
- South Shelby is at home taking on Scotland County
- Highland heads to Center to play Mark Twain
- North Callaway heads to Father Tolton
- Clark County hosts Montgomery County
- Palmyra heads to Hallsville
- Macon hosts Lathrop
- Eldon is on the road to Southern Boone
- Boonville hosts Fulton
- Winfield with Elsberry is on the road in Kirksville
- Helias hosts Liberty from Wentzville
- Battle heads south on 63 to Capital City
- It’s a cross-town battle in Columbia as the Bruins of Rock Bridge host the Hickman Kewpies
- Mexico has a first round bye