Mexico Public Safety responded to the following calls for service yesterday (Tuesday):
- Vehicle fire at East Liberty & Littleby Road
- Fire alarm in the 1400 block of West Breckenridge
- Vehicle fire on Ozark Place
- Unwanted subject in the 100 block of North Mississippi
- Shoplifting in the 4800 block of South Clark
- Suspicious activity in the 1400 block of South Morris
- Ex parte violation in the 700 block of North Clark
- Stealing or theft in the 1400 block of West Breckenridge
- Shoplifting in the 2800 block of South Clark
Officers also arrested 24-year old Gember A. Glynnell on a Boone County warrant.
A Noon, fire personnel responded to a grass fire in the 600 block of East Orange that started as a controlled burn that spread beyond the control of the resident.
Fire spread to other properties with a total of a half-acre burned along with a boat trailer.
The department reminds residents that only yard waste and brush may be burned within the city limits and must be monitored with a means of control such as water or rakes readily available.