The Audrain County Health Department is partnering with the Mexico-Audrain County Library system to promote a healthier lifestyle for Audrain County residents.
The Audrain County Health Department has donated 10 books dedicated to health to help kick-start the Read Healthy, Get Healthy, program.
The books donated by the health department range from subjects such as diabetes control, obesity, and mental health.
The list of books are as follows:
- Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It
- The Case Against Sugar
- The Hacking of the American Mind: The Science Behind the Corporate Takeover of Our Bodies and Brains
- The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
- Soap and Water and Common Sense: The Definitive Guide to Viruses, Bacteria, Parasites and Disease
- Vax-Unvax: Let the Science Speak (Children’s Health Defense)
- Unlock Your Health: Live Your Best Life
- A Teen’s Guide to Gut Health: The Low-FODMAP Way to Tame IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
- 10 Minutes to Feel Less Anxious: How To Be Proactive With Your Mental Health and Anxiety
The books are currently available for checkout to library patrons.
For more information on this program and others, contact the Audrain County Health
Department at 573-581-1332 or, online at myachd.org.
While the Audrain County Health Department is pleased to present these books as a supplement to a resident’s health journey, it does not mean the ACHD endorses the complete ideas some of the books may present.
As always, please consult with your medical professional if any of the ideas presented prompts you to want to make changes to your lifestyle due to those ideas.
This is to make sure the ideas will not be detrimental to your overall health journey.