The following is a press release from Little Dixie Fire Protection District sent out on Monday, November 20, 2023.
On 11/20/2023 at approximately 5:24 a.m. the Little Dixie Fire Protection District received a dispatch of a structure fire in the 11800 block of U.S. 54.
Further information was received that there was smoke in the structure and the occupants were exiting the residence.
Upon arrival found light smoke in the structure and an electrical odor.
Investigation found the cook stove “off” but one of the burners were showing moderate heat readings with the thermal image camera.
Further investigation found that a rodent had gotten into the burner control area and shorted out the electrical wiring of the burner control.
The rodent was deceased.
Damage was contained to the electrical wiring of the stove.
Little Dixie responded with one Engine, one Tanker, a Rescue Squad and nine personnel.
Little Dixie cleared the scene at 5:51 a.m.
Audrain Ambulance District responded with one ambulance.
We would like to thank Stacy Conklin from Stacy’s Place who observed the fire trucks responding and brought coffee to the scene for the personnel.