Mexico Public Safety reports the arrest of 61-year-old Holly A. Jones for a DWI on Friday, November 17, 2023.
19-year-old Malachi A. Hughes was arrested for two Boone County warrants on Saturday, November 18, 2023.
37-year-old Kyle C. Parrish was arrested for Second Degree Assault, Armed Criminal Action and Felony Possession of a Firearm on Sunday, November 19, 2023.
Mexico Public Safety responded to the following calls for service over the weekend starting on Friday, November 17, 2023:
- Stealing or theft on East Whitley.
- Fight in progress at 2813 South Clark.
- Attempted burglary on South Muldrow.
- Suspicious person at North Calhoun/Monroe and on North Olive.
- Careless and imprudent driver at North Agricultural/Craig and on North Elmwood Drive/Liberty and at the West Plaza Shopping Center.
- Threats on Carson.
- Stealing or theft at North Olive.
- Harassment on Rock Springs Drive.
- Intoxicated person driving at West Monroe.
- Sewer odor reported on Eastholm.
- Suspicious person at North Washington.
- Suspicious vehicle on North Agricultural.
Public Safety went to the following calls for service on Saturday, November 18, 2023:
- Harassment at Howell Manor Court.
- Stealing or theft at 3066 South Clark and at 715 West Liberty.
- Threats on East Orange.
- Suspicious vehicle on Pleasant and at 1010 East Liberty.
- A reported robbery in progress at North Jefferson.
- Careless and imprudent driver on the Highway 54 bypass.
Mexico Public Safety responded to the following calls for service on Sunday, November 19, 2023:
- Unwanted subject on West Monroe and West Jackson.
- Shoplifting at 1726 East Liberty.
- Domestic physical incident on Lakeside Place.
- Animal abuse or neglect at West Breckenridge.
- Domestic verbal incident on North Washington.
- Indecent behavior at Fairground/Springdale.
- Trespassing on West Monroe.
A one-car accident on Muldrow near Liberty on Saturday, November 18. 2023.
According to the Mexico Public Safety accident report it happened when 58-year-old Timothy Metcalf of Monroe City stated he lost control of his vehicle when his dentures fell out.
As a result, the vehicle made contact with the middle pillar attached to the median and the bottom of the railway bridge over Muldrow.
Heavy damage was reported to the front end of the vehicle and it was towed from the scene.
No injuries were reported.