Car Fire on Hazel Place

No one was injured in a car fire last night in the 900 block of Hazel Place.

Fire crews were dispatched just before 10:30. Upon arrival, firefighters found a 2006 Cadillac with a small fire in the engine compartment. The fire was extinguished before the blaze could cause significant damage.

The battery of the vehicle was disconnected to prevent further issue after it was discovered a short in the electrical system ignited some leaking fluids.

The fire re-ignited when a tow truck driver had to re-connect the battery so the vehicle’s electronic gear selector would function. The driver put out the fire before MPSD returned to the scene.





%d bloggers like this: