Comerzan Rejects Plea Deal

A man charged with murder in the death of a Missouri State Trooper in August of 2015 rejected a plea deal offered by prosecutors today [Thursday] and will head to a second trial in the case.

John James, Attorney for Serghei Comerzan, says the specifics of the deal cannot be discussed due to it being discussed in the Judge Ted House’s chambers.

In his first trial, prosecutors said Comerzan knew, or reasonably should have known, he was being pursued when he was seen by Trooper James Bava exceeding speeds of 100 miles per hour on Highway FF. Bava died when his patrol car crashed while in pursuit of Comerzan.

His first trial ended in a hung jury in May of last year. He second trial is scheduled to begin on February 23 and could last from 6 to 8 days in St. Charles.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s