Discarded Fireworks in Trash Can Cause of Columbia Residential Fire

About fifty thousand dollars in damage is being reported to a Columbia home after fireworks were thrown away in a trash can.

Como fire department

According to the Columbia Fire Department they went to a home on 3412 Oakland Place just before 9:30 last (Wednesday) night and found heavy fire coming from an attached two car garage.

Two people were inside at the time of the fire and escaped without injury.

The garage and one vehicle sustained heavy fire damage with minor smoke damage throughout the residence.

Leave a Reply