Downed Electric Line Causes Roof Fire At Mexico House

A downed electric line the cause of the roof of a house catching fire in Mexico this (Friday) morning.

According to Mexico Public it happened just after midnight in the 1200 block of North Jefferson.

A falling limb pulled a residential power line down, and then broke the weather head from the meter.

A considerable amount of arcing and burning took place until the fuses blew.

Ameren arrived and removed the line, no injuries reported from the event.






%d bloggers like this: