Week six of the high school football season is in the books.
Scores from 9/29/2023 Friday Nights Lights:
- Centralia Panthers with a successful homecoming as they defeated Clark County 39-14. The Panthers improved to 6-0.
- The Mexico Bulldogs won their 11th consecutive Highway 54 Bowl over the Fulton Hornets 28-27.
- Hannibal shut out Kirksville 53-0.
- Moberly Spartans remain undefeated on the season after defeating Marshall 36-14.
- South Shelby is 6-0 with a 69-6 win against Highland.
- Monroe City outlasted Palmyra 36-34.
- California beat Boonville 35-21.
- Osage shut out Hallsville 23-0.
- Southern Boone’s offense exploded 75-49 over Eldon.
- Bowling Green remains undefeated after beating South Callaway 59-7.
- Mark Twain picked up their first win of the season 40-14 against Louisiana.
- Montgomery County bested Wright City 34-33.
- Van-Far doubled up North Callaway 28-14.
- Columbia Battle won 20-14 against Smith-Cotton.
- Helias took it to Capital City 43-17.
- Jefferson City blasted Hickman 63-19.
- Rock Bridge by a touchdown 28-21 over St. Mary’s South Side.
- Blair Oaks beat Seaman out of Topeka, Kansas 63-28.
In eight-man football action it was Knox County winning 52-44 against Paris.
In College Football today (Saturday) the 23rd ranked Missouri Tigers will try to push their record to 5-0 when they play the Vanderbilt Commodores in Nashville.
Kickoff is set for 3pm.
In Major League Baseball last (Friday) night it was the Kansas City Royals beating the New York Yankees 12-5.
The St. Louis Cardinals were steam rolled by the Cincinnati Reds 19-2 at Busch Stadium. Cardinals were out hit 17 to 6 by the Reds.