Columbia Parks and Recreation will host the 2023 Missouri State High School Activities Association championships at Gans Creek Cross Country Course today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday).
The two-day event will feature 357 Missouri high schools with around 1,930 athletes.
Class 1 and 2 will compete between 9am and noon today (Friday), and Classes 3-5 will compete between 9am to 2:15pm tomorrow (Saturday).
The gates will open at 8am both days. Admission can either be purchased at the gate or online. A QR code will be provided at the gate.
Mexico is sending three runners to championship.
They include juniors Hunter Bickell, Andrew Peuster and sophomore Maggie Ramsey.
These three will run in the state meet on Saturday, November 4th in Columbia, Mo at the Gans Creek Court.
The boys race at 11:15am and Maggie at noon.
It week two of district playoffs for high school football.
Some of the games taking place tonight (Friday) include:
- Centralia at Moberly
- South Shelby hosts Clark County
- Bowling Green is at home playing Monroe City
- Southern Boone makes a trip to Wardsville to face Blair Oaks
- Boonville is on the road against Odessa
- Hannibal clashes with Wentzville Holt
- Capital City plays Camdenton
- Jefferson City hosts Marshall
- California goes to Oak Grove
- Kirksville is at Smithville
- South Callaway battles Warsaw
- Van-Far plays Chaffee tomorrow at 1pm
The Fulton Hornets boys soccer team won their first district title since 2020 last (Thursday) night at Southern Boone High School after shutting out Osage 2-0 in the Class 2 District 4 championship.
The Hornets will play the winner of the District 3 Championship between Orchard Farm or St. Charles next Saturday in St. Charles.
St. Louis Cardinals third baseman Nolan Arenado is in the running for his 6th Silver Slugger award.
The award is presented each year to the best offensive player in each league at each position on the diamond.
The winners will be revealed on MLB Network at 3pm on November 9th.