Time To Check Carbon Monoxide Detectors

With cooler weather settling in in mid-Missouri, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to make sure their homes are ready to go by checking batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.

According to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, tasteless and highly poisonous gas produced by combustion.

Some sources of carbon monoxide are automobile exhaust, portable propane heaters and appliances, furnaces and water heaters that run on natural gas.

Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause numerous symptoms that can lead to death.

Leave a Reply