One person has been taken into custody after a fire at the Bel-Air Motel in Monroe City last night. [Thursday]
When emergency crews arrived on scene they found one room fully engulfed in flames. The tenant, Shellie Clark of Colorado, was outside and uninjured.
She allegedly told officers she fell asleep with a candle lit and found her room on fire.
Clark was taken to the lobby area to stay warm while they investigated where she reportedly lit some fake plants and other items on fire with a lighter.
She was taken to the Monroe City Police Department before being transported to the Randolph County Jail.