Jefferson City Fire Kills 2 Pets

A family lost 2 pets in a house fire this morning the 100 block of Grant Street in Jefferson City this morning.

According to the fire department, first arriving crews found smoke and flames showing from the rear of the residence.

Advertisement

The 4 residents were alerted by a working smoke alarm.

The cause of the fire was determined to be improperly discarded smoking materials in the basement. The estimated damage to the house and contents is around 65 thousand dollars.

The Jefferson City Fire Department reminds Missourians to change smoke detector batteries, and test them to make sure they are working properly.

Leave a Reply