With frigid winter time temperatures on the way this week, the AM I Awake Morning Show is sharing a bacon recipe to try and warm you up.
- 1/2 pound Irish bacon, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced dark green Savoy cabbage leaves
- Place bacon in a large, deep stockpot or saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in potatoes, tomatoes, and enough chicken stock to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.
Tune in every morning Monday through Friday at 8:45 for another delicious bacon recipe or story on the AM I Awake Morning Show with Matt Pilger on your local radio AM 1340 KXEO Mexico.