Significant Structural Damage To Mexico House After Tuesday Morning Fire

Significant structural damage being reported after a house fire in the 900 block of Union in Mexico yesterday (Tuesday) morning.

Mexico Public Safety responded to the blaze around 9 yesterday morning and extinguished it around 12:30 yesterday afternoon.

The house was vacant, however a family member of the owners had been staying in and around the house.

The family member was in the attached garage when the fire started and said the fire was accidental due to smoking.

The man was treated for smoke inhalation by the Audrain County Ambulance District on the scene.

No other injuries reported.

Leave a Reply