Childs Toy The Apparent Cause Of A Fire On Garfield In Mexico Monday Afternoon

No injuries reported after a fire at house in the 900 block of Garfield Street in Mexico yesterday (Monday) afternoon.

According to Mexico Public Safety it happened around 2:23pm and responding personnel found the fire in the bedroom of the home.

The room suffered significant fire and heat damage with the rest of the house suffering significant smoke damage.

There was a child in the bedroom when the fire started and it appeared to have started near a pile of clothing according to Mexico Public Safety.

The child indicated he placed an electronic toy on the clothes and it started the fire.

Leave a Reply